Thursday, February 12, 2015

REV·ER·IE /ˈrev(ə)rē/

I close my eyes in nostalgic reverie,
snapped out with the unattainable dream
It all seemed just a fantasy
for I have been swimming upstream.
Lovely as you may be, I am forever in trance
Ambivalent towards you for your cue is equivocal
Can't construe what I'm after, don't want to be emotional
Here's hoping for another chance

The question still lingering in my mind
What if, and could have been? It was but now a delusion
A wasted opportune moment that cannot be rewind
For I fell short, and spooked of the uncertain vindication

The faith is not lost, will make a constant invocation 
even if the soul is marred by your continual neglect
You will always be forever my terrific admiration
I retreat in reverie glorifying the bliss and euphoria in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment