Thursday, September 4, 2014

A box of sweet dough

Queuing patiently in line just to grab a box of J. CO doughnuts. No it wasn't me. I would have not done that. I can wait patiently until the storm calms. Then there won't be long lines for this sweet concoction. Just similar to Krispy Kreme, you would wonder why they have to stand in hours just to have their doughnuts. Is it that super yummy delectably delicious. No, it wasn't. Not for me. Their doughnuts though was good paired with their coffee. But it was not worth queuing in long lines. Too sweet for my taste.

Going back to J.Co, a few actually posed as if they are pregnant so just to get ahead in line. Hmmm cunning and creative. All that little trick for a box of sweet doughnuts. It only fed my curiosity even more. Are their doughnuts really that super yummy delectably delicious? Or is it just another very sweet concoction as with Krispy Kreme?

Finally I got a taste of it, thanks to my ever chubby, bubbly and cheerful office mate, who, like the rest of Cebuanos cannot wait to have a box of J.CO.

The verdict? I must admit it is much better than their competitors. Similar but not quite. Of course it is still very sweet indeed. But at least it has flavor as compared to just a sweet sugary dough. 

However, I still do not see the logic why one has to queue in long lines just to have a bite. I would rather wait 'til most of the folks have enough and the storm will settle. Then I do not have to queue, instead I would genuinely enjoy a pair of their doughnuts and signature coffee at their store.

To my cheerful bubbly buddy, thank you for sharing the J.CO way, keep smiling!




No comments:

Post a Comment